Free WordPress Popup Banners Plugin: WP Popup Banners – Documentation
Documentation of WP Popup Banners
- Unzip wp-popup-banners.1.0.0.zip
- Upload all the files to the /wp-content/plugins/wp-popup-banners
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- For customizing the plugin’s settings, click on WP Popup Banners menu in left admin menu of WordPress.
- Click on Plugins Menu in WordPress. Then click on Add New button.
- You will see “Upload Plugin” Button at the top. Click it.
- You will see the file uploader with the Choose File button.
- Choose the .zip file of plugin.
- After you have chosen the plugin zip file you will be able to click “Install Now” button. Click it.
- You will see a Plugin installation success message. Also there will be a link to activate the plugin, click it.
- After activating the plugin, for customizing the plugin’s settings, click on WP Popup Banners menu in left admin menu of WordPress.
Popup Manager Page
After activating plugin, the plugin menu will be generated in the left menu bar. Click on the plugin menu and you will land on the plugin main page. On popups manager page you can see the list of popup banners.
Screenshot 1: Banners listing page
For creating a new banner, you simply need to click on the “Add New” button in the popup manager’s listing table. Once you click the button, you will be redirected to the “Add New Popup Banner” page where you can add the banner adding details in input fields. Once you have created the banner then you will be redirected to banner listing page where you can edit or delete the banner as you see fit.
Banner Addition Page
Once “Add New” button of the Popups Manager is clicked, you will be redirected “General Settings” where you can set details of the new popup banner.
Screenshot 2: Banner addition page
You will have the following options to add new popup banner.
Width: Allows you to set the width of the popup banner.
Height: Allows you to set the height of the popup banner.
Popup Display Type: Allows you to choose the popup display type whether fixed or absolute.
Shape: Allows you to change the shape of the popup window.
Overlay: Allows you to choose overlay i.e. dark, light or no overlay.
Overlay Color: Gives you the option to choose overlay color.
Close Button: Allows you to choose whether to enable or disable close button on popup banner.
Background Type: Allows you to choose the background type either color or image.
Background Color: If selected the background type as color, it allows you to choose background color.
Background Image: If selected background type as image, it has a option to upload image.
Background Repeat Type: Allows you to set the background repeat options such as No repeat, Repeat, Repeat, Horizontal, Repeat Vertical.
Border: Allows you to set border.
Padding: Controls the uniform spacing inside the banner.
Screenshot 3: Display Settings
Screenshot 4:: Settings Page
You will have the following settings in the settings page.
Active: Allows you to activate or deactivate the page load.
Default Popup Banner: You can select the banner to popup from dropdown menu.
When the plugin setup has been completed then, you will have the popup on the site while the site loads.
Screenshot 5: Image popup