One page navigator, Sticky menu for WordPress: WP Floating Menu Pro – Documentation
Documentation of WP Floating Menu Pro Plugin
- Unzip wp-floating-menu-pro.zip
- Upload all the files to the /wp-content/plugins/wp-floating-menu-pro
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- For customizing the plugin’s settings, click on WP Floating Menu PRO menu in WordPress of left admin menu.
This is the landing page for plugin. Here you can see the listing of the all the menu created. Here you can see Add New Menu buttons at top left of menu listing table. You can also edit or delete menu created from here.
Create New Menu
In this section, you can create new menu. You need to add menu name and hit enter or click “Add Menu” button. After you hit “Add Menu“. You land of edit section for menu where you can see two different tabs as listed below:
- Menu Structure
First tab section is called “Menu Structure“. Here, You can add menu fields for new menu by clicking on selected pages,posts,categories on left side of page. After the new menu is created then you can see page, post and category listing on right side of page. You can check your required field to menu sort field by clicking “Add To Menu“.
Then when you click the down arrow of newly added menu field, you can see various configurable components of menu as listed below:
These are the settings that you can configure for each menu field.
- Navigation Label :This is the menu title that displays for the menu icon.
- Title Attribute :This is the title attribute for the a tag for seo friendly nav menu.
- Show Tooltip Title :Check/Uncheck to show/hide tooltip text for the menu.
- Tooltip Title Field :You can enter tooltip title to display in this field.
- Target Link :You can change target link to load target link within the same page or new tab.
- Menu Icon :You can set menu icon to display. Here you can choose thress sets of icons. You can choose either dashicons, font-awesome icons or genericons.
- Menu Icon Color Type :You can either set menu icon color to default provided by template select option to set your own.
- Icon Color :You can set icon color from this section.
- Remove:You can remove the menu field by clicking “remove” link.
- Display Setting
Second tab section is called “Display Setting“. Here, you can select template layout for the menu. After you have successfully created menu, then you can select template layout to use for the menu. There are two option you can choose.
- Use Inbuild Template :
If you select this option, on changing option, you can see template preiview and you can choose one of our 10 designed templates.
- Use Custom TemplateThis section will list the custom template you created from “Build Custom Template” section of plugin. Custom template Feature is listed later on this page
You can select position of menu from this setting tab too. Available menu position are:
- Top Right
- Middle Right
- Bottom Right
- Top Left
- Middle Left
- Bottom Left
Note: Menu position vary from template to template. In some you can select above listed template position where as in some, you can only choose few among above listed or other.
Floating Menu Setting
From this panel , you can configure the general setting for menu. Configurable menu are listed as below.
- Enable/Disable MenuYou need to enable menu here to display menu in frontend.
- Enable/Disable Menu For Mobile DeviceYou can define enable/disable menu form this section. If you disable it, the menu wont be shown in mobile devices with screen size less than 480 px.
- Select MenuYou can select specific menu from this section to be selected.
- Show Menu OnIf you want to display menu on all pages, only on home page or specific pages,category or posts, you select on this section as your need.
Build Custom Template
Here, when you land on template listing page after clicking Build Custom Template where you can see the list of the custom template created. You can add, edit and delete the template from this section. When clicked on “Add New Template“, you will land on custom template option page where you can change various options to build your own custom menu. Following Section can be seen for building custom template design option.
- Template NameName for the template.
- Select Menu LayoutYou can select “Builtin” custom templates lists in which you want to implement custom design into.
- Hover Transform WidthYou can select icon transform width on hover applicable only for template 7 layout.
- Icon Background ColorYou can select icon background color for menu icon from here.
- Icon SizeYou can select icon size for menu icon from here.
- Icon MarginYou can select icon spaces between individual icon from here.
- Title Font ColorYou can select title font color from here.
- Title TypographyYou can select title font family from here.
- Title Text Transform StyleYou can select title text transform style for font from here. You can select uppercase, lowercase, capitalize or none(same as text input) form here.
- Title Font SizeYou can select title font size from here.
- Tooltip Font ColorYou can select tooltip text font color from here.
- Tooltip TypographyYou can select tooltip font family from here.
- Tooltip Font SizeYou can select tooltip font size from here.
- Menu Background ColorYou can select menu background color from here. Option is applicable only to template 5,6,8 and 9.
- Icon For Expand TriggerYou can select your own custom expand trigger icon implementable to only template 5 and 6. Else, default icon will be implemented.
- Icon For Close TriggerYou can select your own custom close trigger icon implementable to only template 5 and 6. Else, default icon will be implemented.
Setting Up Menu(Process to Setup the Basic Menu with Minimal Setting)
Here, the basic to setup the menu in the plugin and displaying at least 1 menu in the frontend is being describd as follows.
1)You will have to enable the menu in the plugin first to make the menu display on the frontend which is the first checkbox in “Floating Menu Setting” page with setting header “Enable/Disable Menu”
2)Then, you will have select the menu for any of the specific position which will be listed inside each individual select option according to the menu position as assigned in the “Menu Add/Edit section”. For this, you should have created at least one of the menu from the “Add New Menu” section.
P.S. Few things need to be considered as you will have to check if the “Menu Position” or “Template Type” is being listed on the plugin list page or not. And If not, then you should go to the menu edit page and save the “Menu Structure” and “Display Setting” have separate save button assigned.
3) You will then have to select where you would like to display the menu. Available locations are all page, home page only, or any specific pages or posts.
4) That’s it and after you save the setting, your menu should show in the frontend.
Page Wise Configurable Menu
Here, the additional metabox field on page edit section on the right side allows you to control the different menu to be displayed or disable for that particular page too. You can either select any menu to display on that particular page instead any other default setting from “Floating Menu Setting” or disabled menu for that specific page.
How to Assign Page Specific Menu (Step wise Process)
– To assign page wise menu, please follow following steps.
1. Please go to “Floating Menu Setting” page and assign the default menu to the pages where you want to set the menu by selecting one of menu you have created and setting them to specific pages as shown on image below. Here as you can see, menu named “Floating Menu Demo” has been assigned to both pages where you wanted to display menu. So, you will need to check both the pages where you want to set the menu. This will tell the plugin to set default menu and display menu to those very specific pages.
2. After that, please go to specific page edit section and change the “WP Floating Menu Options” located at bottom right corner of screen and set the menu to different menu as shown on screenshot shown below ( Menu named “Custom Template Menu” in this case). So, this will tell the plugin to show the menu on this very specific page but not one set on “Floating Menu Setting” but the menu assigned in this very specific page.
Note: You can also disable the menu in this very specific page.
Themes Compatible with the Plugin :WP Floating Menu Pro works best with every WordPress theme. It’s even more remarkable when used with popular themes like VMagazine and AccessPress Parallax.
AND IF THIS PLUGIN HAS IMPRESSED YOU, THEN YOU WOULD ENJOY OUR OTHER PROJECTS TOO. DO CHECK THESE OUT :
WPAll Club – A complete WordPress resources club. WordPress tutorials, blogs, curated free and premium themes and plugins, WordPress deals, offers, hosting info and more.
Premium WordPress Themes – 6 premium WordPress themes well suited for all sort of websites. Professional, well coded and highly configurable themes for you.
Premium WordPress Plugins – 45+ premium WordPress plugins of many different types. High user ratings, great quality and best sellers in CodeCanyon marketplace.
AccessPress Themes – AccessPress Themes has 50+ beautiful and elegant, fully responsive, multipurpose themes to meet your need for free and commercial basis.
8Degree Themes – 8Degree Themes offers 15+ free WordPress themes and 16+ premium WordPress themes carefully crafted with creativity.
This documentation tried to cover as much details about plugin to ease your plugin experience. To see screenshots of plugin backend and frontend templates, you can see them here
Also, you might want to,