Documentation : WP Facebook Review Showcase Lite – FB Page Review Plugin for WordPress
WP Facebook Review Showcase Lite – FB Page Review Plugin for WordPress
- Unzip wp-fb-review-showcase-lite.zip
- Upload all the files to the /wp-content/plugins/wp-fb-review-showcase-lite
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Firstly, setup default plugin’s settings, click on WP FB Review Showcase Lite option menu in WordPress left admin menu.
Once the plugin is installed and activated you will find a menu named “WP FB Review Showcase Lite” in the left menu bar of the admin menu. Once you click on that menu, you will go to the plugin’s FB Reviews lists page where you can add Facebook Page Reviews settings.
There are basically 2 Main Plugin Settings as API Settings and Cache Settings which are described below more briefly. Our plugin has features to display your page information with positive reviews on websites which simply further enhance your online credibility.
A) WP FB Review Showcase Lite Setting
Settings Steps to create FB page reviews: There are mainly 4 main settings to create FB Page review.
B) API Settings
In API Settings, after installation of our plugin, first of all, you have to create API Key to display facebook page to create specific page reviews. Please fill API key on this API Settings input field. To get API key simply follow details steps:
View All Steps
or simply follow below steps to get FB API Key. Alternatively, follow these steps to get an API key:
- Login to your Facebook account and then navigate to Facebook Developers Page and click “My Apps” > “Add a New App” in the top right menu.
- After you click “Add a New App” a popup shows up where you are supposed to name your new app. When completed, click on “Create App ID”.
- When created, you are redirected to your new app account – the very first step is to choose a product. Please choose Facebook Login.
- After that you are asked to select a platform for your app – please choose “Web” type.
- You are now in Quickstart. Provide your URL, save it and then navigate to Settings> Basic (in the left menu).
- In “basic settings”, fill out the “App Domains” field with the name of your domain. Only the website from this domain will be able to use your Facebook app. You also have to fill out the “Contact Email” with a valid email address.
- Now, navigate to the ‘Facebook Login’ menu and then its Settings. You will have to set ‘Valid OAuth redirect URIs’ here – insert your website URL (Eg: https://www.your-domain.com). If you don’t do this Facebook will return an error when you try to connect pages: “Can’t load URL: The domain of this URL isn’t included in the App’s domains. To be able to load this URL, add all domains and sub-domains of your app to the App Domains field in your app settings.
- Now, navigate to App Review section (left menu) and make the app public.
- You will need both “App ID” and “App Secret” key when configuring the Facebook App inside our plugin’s API Settings Section. Enter your app id and app secret then click on login.
- After that, you will either get a Facebook login screen or if you are already logged in, then you will see a screen which will ask you to use your information. Click on “Okay”.
- Now all of your Fb account pages will be listed. Choose the page from which you want to retrieve reviews from and the pages reviews will be retrieved.
Steps to create Facebook API Key:
C) Cache Settings
D) Facebook Reviews Settings
This is the configuration settings for reviews display.
- Total Number of Reviews: Set total number of user reviews options.
- Hide User Image: In order to hide all user reviewer’s image, enable this button.
- Hide Description: Enable this checkbox to hide reviewer’s review text.
- Description Character Limit: Set description limit to display at first and show read more and read less button.
- Read More Text: Display text such as Read More , View More after set limit for user rating description.
- Read Less Text: Display text such as Read More , View More after set limit for user rating description.
- Display Order: Option to displays the review from reviewer in some order.
F) Badge Settings
This is configuration settings for badge display.
- Enable Badge: Enable this button in order to display badge as header with Page Information.
- Hide Average Rating: Enable this checkbox to hide average rating from the badge.
- Choose Badge Template: Choose any one template among 3 pre available badge templates. Below shown with template preview images.
G) Reviews Display Settings
This is configuration settings for all user reviews display according to total number of reviews display.
- Show Reviews: Enable this button in order to display user reviews with its details.
- Layout Type: Select the layout in which you want to display review.
- Template: Choose any one template among 3 pre available reviews templates. Below shown with template preview images.
J) Shortcode Usage
Similarly, in order to add the shortcode on any section of your site, you can get shortcode of specific facebook page from its edit page “FB Review Showcase Lite Shortcode Usage” meta box shown on the right section or else you can get shortcode on All WP FB Review Shortcode lists page for specific Facebook pages.
You can get shortcode of specific facebook page from its edit page > Facebook Review Shortcode Usage meta box shown on right section or else you can get shortcode on main review lists for specific facebook page review.
You can use shortcode for the display of the specific page reviews in the contents. Optionally, you can enter the id of specific page review from our plugin “WP FB Review Showcase Lite”. The reviews will be displayed in the order with the specified id parameter and its layout options.
Example 1: [wpfrsl_reviews id=’4’]
Available shortcode parameters:
- id : This parameter is specific attribute for specific page reviews.[wpfrs_reviews id=”79″]
- review_template : Our plugin contains altogether 10 pre designed template layouts. You can pass reviews template layout using shortcode by using review_template=’template-1′ or review_template=’template2′ and so on as parameter on shortcode.e.g., [wpfrsl_reviews id=”79″ review_template=”template-2″]
- badge_template : You can even change template of badge parameter as badge_template=”badge-template-2″ to display different badge template beside specified default template for specific review using shortcode.e.g.,[wpfrsl_reviews id=”79″ badge_template=”badge-template-1″]
- show_badge : You can even change enable or disable badge display on frontend by passing parameter as show_badge=”1″ to display badge and show_badge=”0″ to hide badge as page information using shortcode.e.g.,[wpfrsl_reviews id=”79″ review_template=”template-2″ badge_template=”badge-template-2″ show_badge=”0″] to hide badge.
- show_reviews : You can even change enable or disable to show or hide reviews parameter as show_reviews=”1″ to display reviews and show_reviews=”0″ to hide it using shortcode.e.g.,[wpfrsl_reviews id=”79″ show_reviews=”0″] to hide reviews.
- number_reviews : You can display specific number of reviews using shortcode parameter.e.g.,[wpfrsl_reviews id=”79″ number_reviews=”2″] to show only 2 reviews.
K) Widget Integration
Also, our plugin provides features to display your reviews on the widget area. You simply have to go to widget page on backend > Appearances > Widget and then you can simply drag our plugin widget “WP FB Review Showcase Lite” to the specific sidebar. In “WP FB Review Showcase Lite” widget, you can simply choose which reviews you want to show on widget section from drop-down lists of the facebook page that you have created with specific templates and configuration.
Themes Compatible with the Plugin :
WP Facebook Review Showcase Lite works best with every WordPress theme. It’s even more remarkable when used with popular themes like VMagazine and AccessPress Parallax.
AND IF THIS PLUGIN HAS IMPRESSED YOU, THEN YOU WOULD ENJOY OUR OTHER PROJECTS TOO. DO CHECK THESE OUT :
WPAll Club – A complete WordPress resources club. WordPress tutorials, blogs, curated free and premium themes and plugins, WordPress deals, offers, hosting info and more.
Premium WordPress Themes – 6 premium WordPress themes well suited for all sort of websites. Professional, well coded and highly configurable themes for you.
Premium WordPress Plugins – 45+ premium WordPress plugins of many different types. High user ratings, great quality and best sellers in CodeCanyon marketplace.
AccessPress Themes – AccessPress Themes has 50+ beautiful and elegant, fully responsive, multipurpose themes to meet your need for free and commercial basis.
8Degree Themes – 8Degree Themes offers 15+ free WordPress themes and 16+ premium WordPress themes carefully crafted with creativity.