WP Blog Manager Lite – Plugin to Manage / Design WordPress Blog
- Unzip wp-blog-manager-lite.zip
- Upload all the files to the /wp-content/plugins/wp-blog-manager-lite
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- For customizing the plugin’s settings, click on WP Blog Manager Lite menu in WordPress left admin menu.
- To display the WP Blog Manager Lite in the frontend, please use automatically generated shortcode from WP Blog Manager Lite Usage metabox.
Once the plugin is installed and activated you will find a menu named “WP Blog Manager” in the left menu bar of the admin menu.Once you click on that menu, you will go to the plugin’s listing page and you will also see the add new button, once you click on that button you will go to the WP Blog Manager page where you can create blogs showcase. Basically, there are five settings to filter the posts and layouts which are individually described below.
WP Blog Manager Lite Listing Page
This is the landing page for plugin. Here you can see the listing of the blog created. Here you can see Add new button at top of wp blog manager listing table.For creating a new wp blog manager, you will simply need to click on the Add New submenu of the WP Blog Manager menu or click on the Add new button in the WP Blog manager’s listing table. You can add, edit or delete wp blog manager from here.Once you click the button, you will be redirected to the new blog builder page where you can add the unlimited numbers of blog’s posts.
WP Blog Manager Lite builder Page
From this builder page you can add blog’s posts from taxonomies,categories,terms,and create your blogs by managing the required settings for the blog.Below are the detail description for WP Blog Manager settings.
The Post Settings is used to filter the post through categories,terms and many more.
It include the following fields:
- Post Type: In this option you can select the needed post type.
- Taxonomy/Category: In this option you can select the needed category or taxonomy.Please note: to select this option please select the post type first.
- Terms: This option is used to select the terms of the above category.
This is used to sort retrieved posts by parameter.
- Order:This is used to designates the ascending or descending order of the ‘orderby’ parameter.
This is used to retrieves posts by Post Status.
This layout settings are used to configure the layout types for blog’s post.
There are three types of layout which are described as follow with it’s respectives settings:
If you have selected the grid layout then the following field can be configured:
This is used to selected the grid templates.Here the preview for each grid template is also avaliable.
- Desktop Column: This is used to configure the required column for post to show in desktop screen.
- Tablet/Ipad Column: This is used to configure the required column for post to show in tablet/ipad screen.
- Mobile Column:This is used to configure the required column for post to show in mobile screen.
If you have selected the list layout then the following field can be configured:
This is used to selected the list templates.
This has following field:
- Controls:This is used to show the arrow navigation controls if true is selected.
- Auto: This is used to on or off the autoplay of the slides.If you want to show auto then select true.
- Auto Play Timeout:This is used to select the speed for auto.
- Pager:If you want to show the pager then select true else select false.
The General Settings is used for basic settings of blog layout which include following fields:
This is used to select the length of post content to show in template.
It is of two type:
- Full Text: If you will select this then full content of post will be taken.
- Excerpt Text: If you will select this then a excerpt length field will appear where you can enter the number of text to show in template.
- Number of post: This is used to show the number of post in frontend.
- Display Post Category: Enable this to display category name in templates.
- Display Post Tag: Enable this to show post tags name in templates.
- Display Post Author: Enable this to show post author name in templates.
- Display Post Comment Count: Enable this to show count of comments in templates.
- Display Post Date: Enable this to show date of published post in templates.
Display Read More Link: This is used to display read more button in frontend.If you will enable it then following field will appear:
- Read More Text:This is used to enter the text for button link.
- Post Link: This is used to select the post link which can be either post link or custom link.If you want to give custom link then put the custom link in custom link URL field.
- Image Size: This is used to select the image size for the templates.Please note this will only work for post images media type.
Social Share Settings
This is used to show the share link for the post.You can enable the facebook,twitter,google plus,linkedin,Email,pinterest share link to share the post respectively.
In WP Blog Manager Usage metabox you can get the shortcode for page and theme which you can copy & paste the shortcode directly into any WordPress post or page or theme.
This documentation tried to cover as much details about plugin to ease your plugin experience. To see screenshots of plugin backend and frontend templates, you can see them here