Best WordPress Plugin To Showcase Google Places / Business Reviews : Everest Google Places Reviews – Documentation
- Unzip everest-google-places-reviews.zip
- Upload all the files to the /wp-content/plugins/everest-google-places-reviews
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Firstly, setup default plugin’s settings, click on Everest Google Places Reviews option menu in WordPress left admin menu.
- To display google map and to auto search location on google map and to get its place id and location details, first fill the API key in plugin main settings > API Settings tab section.
Once the plugin is installed and activated you will find a menu named “Everest Google Places Reviews” in the left menu bar of the admin menu. Once you click on that menu, you will go to the plugin’s Google places lists page where you can add multiple google places with different locations.
There are basically 3 Main Plugin Settings as API Settings, Cache Settings and Floating Reviews Settings which are described below more briefly and also our plugin has feature to create unlimited google places location to showcase your user reviews for specific location and display your Google business and places information with positive reviews on websites which simply further enhance your online credibility.
In API Settings, after installation of our plugin, first of all, you have to create API Key to display google map to create business reviews locations. Please fill API key on this API Settings input field. To get API key simply follow details steps:
View All Steps
- Go to the Google API Console
- Create or select a project.
- Click Continue to enable the API.
- On the Credentials page, get an API key
- Search Google Places API Web Service and enable standard Google Places API Web Service.
- On the Credentials page, copy generated API Key and paste it on “Google Places API Key” input field.
Steps to create google places API Key:
Set up billing account
Google has disabled the use of Places API for free and now you need to enable Billing. Unfortunately, since the plugin uses this Places API to show reviews, you need to enable Billing on your Google account. It’s a limitation of Google, not specifically the plugin.
Please go to https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/ to enable a Billing .
B) Floating Review Settings
Display google places reviews in floating off canvas way with more attractive 5 pre-available templates. Set Position to display floating reviews on your page, posts, only on the home page or show only on specific page/posts. Firstly, enable “Floating Review” options in order to display google places reviews in floating off canvas way with more attractive and advanced pre-available templates. This plugin provides total of 5 Pre Available templates for floating reviews design. Set Position to display floating type reviews on your page, posts, only on the home page or show only on specific page/posts.
Show Floating Review on Specific Pages/Posts or Category:
- Enable Floating Review: Enable this button in order to show the floating review.
- Default Review: Choose default floating review from dropdown lists of all created google places reviews posts type.
- Template Layout: Choose any template layout among 5 for floating review.
- Review Position: Choose any one position to display floating review according to the template layout.
- Show Floating Review On Display floating review on specified below position on all pages, only on homepage or on specific pages.
In order to display different floating off canvas review on different pages/post/post type, you can assign different google places reviews for a specific page on its edit page.
C) Cache Settings
D) All Everest Google Places Reviews
Create multiple google places reviews with different locations and set its specific data separately. Settings Steps to create google location places: There are mainly 6 main settings to create google places.
E) Google Map Location
In order to display google map here, you just need to add API key on API Key Settings first. Then, on google map, you can enter the location you want to display on the map to get its location id and location exact name. Autocomplete feature available to search your required location and on click specific location, its location id and name will automatically be inserted and displayed on below input field.
- Location Name: On autocomplete search of location on google map, location name will be displayed in this field automatically for frontend display.
- Place ID: On autocomplete, the search of location on google map, required place it will be displayed in this field automatically to get this location’s user reviews.
F) General Reviews Settings
This is the main configuration settings for reviews display.
- Total Number of Reviews: Set the total number of user reviews options. Up to 5 google places, user reviews can be displayed.
- Hide Reviewer Image: In order to hide all user reviewer’s image, enable this button.
- Hide User Rating: In order to hide all user reviewer’s image, enable this button.
- Hide Average Rating: In order to hide the average rating on the badge, enable this button.
- Show 5 Star Rating Only: Enable this check box to show an only 5-star rating on the list of user reviews.
- Show Description: Enable this check box to show the reviewer’s description.
- Description Limit: Set description limit to display at first and show read more and read less button.
- Read More Text: Display text such as Read More, View More after the set limit for user rating description.
- Read Less Text: Display text such as Read More, View More after the set limit for user rating description.
G) Badge Settings
This is configuration settings for badge/header(ribbon) display.
- Show Badge: Enable this button in order to display badge as the header with business location information.
- Choose Badge Template: Choose any one template among 10 pre available badge templates. Below shown with template preview images.
- Show Header Ribbon: Enable this button in order to display badge’s ribbon.
- Choose Header Template: Choose any one template among 10 pre available ribbon templates. Below shown with template preview images.
H) Reviews Settings
This is configuration settings for all user reviews display according to a total number of reviews display.
- Show User Reviews: Enable this button in order to display user reviews with its details.
- Choose Template: Choose any one template among 10 pre available reviews templates. Below shown with template preview images.
- Layout Type: Choose layout type as slider or list type. On choosing slider type, set options mode display as horizontal, vertical or fade type, review slider speed, pause in ms, show pager as dot or pagination type, autoplay and show controls an arrow or text type with custom design options.
I) Rate Us Settings
This is configuration settings for rate us button or else Write us Review button to display at last of all reviews lists which on click will be linked to writing new review page of google for the specific business location.
- Enable: Enable this button in order to display rate us button at last of reviews.
- Text Title: Fill button text title which on click links to writing review page of specific map location.
- Link Target: Set the link target.
J) Custom Options Settings
This is custom options settings to set your own custom design.
- Enable Custom Options: Enable this button in order to activate custom design settings.
- Reviews Custom Settings: Set Reviewer Name Font Color, Font Hover Color, Name Font Size, Description Font Size, Description Font Color, Rating Color, Button Font Color,
Font Hover Color and Font Size.
- Rate Us Custom Settings: Set Button Text Font Size, Font Color, Font Hover Color, Background Color, and Hover Color.
K) Shortcode Usage
Similarly, in order to add the shortcode on any section of your site, you can get shortcode of specific google location from its edit page “Everest Google Places Reviews Shortcode Usage” meta box shown on left section or else you can get shortcode on All Everest Google Places Reviews lists page for specific google places.
You can get shortcode of specific google location from its edit page > Everest Google Places Reviews Shortcode Usage meta box is shown on left section or else you can get shortcode on main review lists for specific google places reviews.
You can use shortcode for the display of the reviews of the specific place in the contents. Optionally You can enter the id of a specific location from our plugin “Everest Google Places Reviews” post type. The reviews will be displayed in the order with the specified id parameter and its layout options.
Example 1: [egpr_reviews id=’4’]
Available shortcode parameters:
- id : This parameter is specific attribute for specific location reviews.[egpr_reviews id=”79″]
- review_template : Our plugin contains altogether 10 pre designed template layouts. You can pass reviews template layout using shortcode by using review_template=’template1′ or review_template=’template4′ and so on as parameter on shortcode.e.g., [egpr_reviews id=”79″ review_template=”template2″]
- badge_template : You can even change template of badge parameter as badge_template=”template2″ to display different badge template beside specified default template for specific locations using shortcode.e.g.,[egpr_reviews id=”79″ badge_template=”template3″]
- position : You can even change the position of badge from horizontal or vertical layout way by passing parameter as position=”horizontal” or position=”vertical” on shortcode.e.g.,[egpr_reviews id=”79″ review_template=”template2″ badge_template=”template3″ position=”vertical”]
- header_template : You can even change template of header parameter as header_template=”template2″ to display different header template beside specified default template for specific locations using shortcode.e.g.,[egpr_reviews id=”79″ review_template=”template2″ badge_template=”template3″ header_template=”template6″]
- show_badge : You can even change enable or disable badge display on frontend by passing parameter as show_badge=”1″ to display badge and show_badge=”0″ to hide badge as business information using shortcode.e.g.,[egpr_reviews id=”79″ review_template=”template2″ badge_template=”template3″ show_badge=”0″] to hide badge.
- show_header : You can even change enable or disable header as ribbon display on frontend by passing parameter as show_header=”1″ to display header and show_header=”0″ to hide header using shortcode.e.g.,[egpr_reviews id=”79″ review_template=”template2″ badge_template=”template3″ show_header=”0″] to hide header.
- show_review : You can even change enable or disable to show or hide reviews parameter as show_review=”1″ to display reviews and show_review=”0″ to hide it using shortcode.e.g.,[egpr_reviews id=”79″ show_review=”0″] to hide reviews.
- show_rate_us_button : You can even change enable or disable for rate us button link by passing parameter as show_rate_us_button=”1″ to display header and show_rate_us_button=”0″ to hide it using shortcode.e.g.,[egpr_reviews id=”79″ show_rate_us_button=”0″] to hide rate us button link at last of reviews lists on frontend display.
- number_reviews : You can display number of reviews as per you wish by adding number_reviews on shortcode parameter but upto 5 reviews only.e.g.,[egpr_reviews id=”79″ number_reviews=”4″] to show upto 4 reviews.
- layout_type : You can change layout as slider or list replace of default setup for specific shortcode using parameter as layout_type=”slider” to display slider type reviews layout and layout_type=”list” to display reviews as list layout.e.g.,[egpr_reviews id=”79″ layout_type=”list”].
- pager_type : You can change slider’s pager layout as dot or pagination to replace of default setup for specific shortcode using parameter as pager_type=”dot” to display dot pager type reviews layout and pager_type=”pagination” to display slider reviews with pagination type.e.g.,[egpr_reviews id=”79″ pager_type=”pagination”].
- controls_type : You can change control for slider as arrow or text type to replace of default setup for specific shortcode using parameter as controls_type=”arrow” to display arrow control type and controls_type=”text” to display slider reviews with text control type.e.g.,[egpr_reviews id=”79″ controls_type=”text”].
Example 1.1: Show Reviews with template 2 and show badge with badge template 3 ,hide rate us button and display 3 number of reviews:
[egpr_reviews id=”79″ review_template=”template2″ badge_template=”template3″ show_rate_us_button=”0″ number_reviews=”3″]
Example 1.2: Show Reviews with template 4 and show badge with template 3 , hide rate us button and header (ribbon) template 4:
[egpr_reviews id=”79″ review_template=”template4″ badge_template=”template3″ show_rate_us_button=”0″ header_template=”template4″]
L) Widget Integration
Also, our plugin provides features to display your business reviews on widget area. You simply have to go to widget page on backend > Appearances > Widget and then you can simply drag our plugin widget “Everest Google Places Reviews” to specific sidebar. In “Everest Google Places Reviews” widget, you can simply choose which
google places reviews you want to show on widget section from dropdown lists of google location that you have created with specific templates and configuration.
Google Places Reviews Not Showing Up
Here are some reasons why some google reviews are not captured by google:
- Your google places review might have got filtered or removed for violating Google’s review policies.
- If you have placed URL in review, it will not show up.
- The reviewer has used same computer/IP address that that you sign into to manage your local listing.
- The reviewer has other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them).
- The reviewer has never left any other review or has never had any activity on that Google profile/ has completely blank G+ profile before or after they left you that review.
- The reviewer tried to post a review for you several times on different dates .
- The reviewer who wrote the review works for you.
- The reviewer who wrote the review is a manager of your G+ Page.
- You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you
- You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.
Themes Compatible with the Plugin :
Everest Google Places Reviews works best with every WordPress theme. It’s even more remarkable when used with popular themes like VMagazine and AccessPress Parallax.
AND IF THIS PLUGIN HAS IMPRESSED YOU, THEN YOU WOULD ENJOY OUR OTHER PROJECTS TOO. DO CHECK THESE OUT :
WPAll Club – A complete WordPress resources club. WordPress tutorials, blogs, curated free and premium themes and plugins, WordPress deals, offers, hosting info and more.
Premium WordPress Themes – 6 premium WordPress themes well suited for all sort of websites. Professional, well coded and highly configurable themes for you.
Premium WordPress Plugins – 45+ premium WordPress plugins of many different types. High user ratings, great quality and best sellers in CodeCanyon marketplace.
AccessPress Themes – AccessPress Themes has 50+ beautiful and elegant, fully responsive, multipurpose themes to meet your need for free and commercial basis.
8Degree Themes – 8Degree Themes offers 15+ free WordPress themes and 16+ premium WordPress themes carefully crafted with creativity.