Free WordPress Social Login Plugin: AccessPress Social Login Lite – Documentation
Documentation of AccessPress Social Login Lite Plugin
- Unzip accesspress-social-login-lite.zip
- Upload all the files to the /wp-content/plugins/accesspress-social-login-lite
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- For customizing the plugin’s settings, click on AccessPress Social Login lite menu in WordPress of left admin menu.
In this tab you can enable and disable the available social medias as per your need.
Also you can order the apperance of the social media’s simply by drag and drop.
For each social media you need to configure following
Enable/Disable: You can enable and disable the social media.
App ID: App id of the social media.
App secret: App secret of the social media.
To get the App ID and App Secret please follow the instructions(notes).
Instruction on Facebook Configuration
You need to create new facebook API application to setup the facebook login. Please follow the instructions to create new app.
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps
- click on ‘Add a New App’ button. A popup will open.
- Now please enter the name of the app as you wish and enter your contact Email.
- Now click on “Create App ID” button. Again a popup will appear with security check. Please enter the security and submit.
- You should now be able to see your App Dashboard. On the left side, you have a navigation panel.
- Again Go to Settings => Basic and choose to Add Platform and choose website.
- Enter your site URL and Save Changes. Facebook app are site specific so an app can be used only for one website. If you want to use this app for a different site, just change site URL.
- In the application page in facebook, navigate to Apps > Add Product > Facebook Login > Quickstart > Web > Site URL. Set the site url as your site url(which is given below as a note at the end of this note).
- And then navigate to Apps > Facebook Login > Settings.
- Please configure the Valid OAuth redirect URIs(which is provided on the backend dashboard in facebook network setting ).
- Now, in basic setting you will find the API version, App ID, App Secret. To view your App secret please click on “Show” button. Those are the required App ID and App Secret to be entered in our plugin settings.
- The next thing is to make this app Public. To do this check icon (off) which is place on the right top coner. Slider the button to enable it.
- And you are done! You can check for your App ID and App Secret from your Dashboard.
Facebook Social Login Video Tutorial
You need to create new twitter API application to setup the twitter login. Please follow the instructions to create new app.
- Go to https://apps.twitter.com/
- Click on Create New App button. A new application details form will appear. Please fill up the application details
- For website URL and callback URL you can get it from dashboard -> social login-> network setting->twitter->on the note section you will find URL. click on “create your twitter application” button.
- Please note that before creating twiiter API application, You must add your mobile phone to your Twitter profile.
- After successful creation of the app. Please go to “Keys and Access Tokens” tabs and get Consumer key(API Key) and Consumer secret(API secret).
Twitter Social Login Video Tutorial
You need to create new google API application to setup the google login. Please follow the instructions to create new application.
- Go to https://console.developers.google.com/project.
- Click on “Create Project” button. A popup will appear.
- Please enter Project name and click on “Create” button.
- A App will be created and a dashobard will appear.
- In the blue box please click on Enable and manage APIs link. A new page will load.
- Now In the Social APIs section click on Google+ API and click “Enable API” button. Then the Google+ API will be activated.
- Now click on Credentials section and go to OAuth consent screen and enter the app details there.
- Click on Credentials tab and click on “New credentials” or “Add credentials” if you have already created one, a selection will appear and click on “OAuth client ID”.
- A new page will load. Please select Application type to Web application and click “create” button. Further forms will loaded up and enter the details there.
- In the authorized redirect URIs please enter the details provided in the note section from dashboard->social login->network setting->google and click save button.
- In the popup you will get Client ID and client secret.
- And please enter those credentials in the google setting in our plugin.
- Please note: Make sure to check the protocol “http://” or “https://” as google checks protocol as well. Better to add both URL to the list if your site is https so that Google social login work properly for both https and http browser.
Google Social Login Video Tutorial
- You need to create a new linkedin API application to setup the linkedin login. Please follow the instrcutions to create new application.
- Go to https://www.linkedin.com/developer/apps
- Click on “Create Application” button.
- Please enter the application details here. and click create app
- Please fill default accept and cancel URL. You will find it on dashbord->social login->network setting->linkedin
- Get the Client ID and Client secret.
Linkedin Video Tutorial
In this tab you can do various settings of a plugin.
Enable or disable the social login.
Options to enable the social logins for login form, registration form and in comments.
Options to choose the pre available themes, You can choose any one theme from the pre available 4 themes.
Login text: Here you can setup the login text as per your need.
When you install the plugin, you will find a widget named “AccessPress Social Login Lite” in the widget section, You can place these widgets in any widget area and can configure as per your needs. Since the widget has the multi instance, you can add the same widget as much as you want.
|Title||You can set the name of the widget.|
|Login text||You can add your own custom login text here.|
Use the shortcode
[apsl-login-lite] to display the social login within your content in posts and pages.
Use the function
<?php echo do_shortcode('[apsl-login-lite]'); ?>
to display within template or theme files.
|login_text||You can use the custom login text for the shortcodes using this attribute.|
[apsl-login-lite login_text='Social Connect']