Contact Form 7 Extension to Store Form Entries For WordPress : Contact Form 7 Store to DB – Documentation
- Unzip contact-form-7-store-to-db.zip
- Upload all the files to the /wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7-store-to-db
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- For customizing the plugin’s settings, click on “CF7 Entries” menu in WordPress left admin menu.
- To pull entries from the contact form 7 plugin, please enable/disable the plugin on “General Setting” sub-menu in plugin.
A) Plugin Introduction
Contact Form 7 store to DB is the extension to the contact form 7 plugin used to store all the submission entries submitted via the contact form 7 without losing all the data including the attachments. Entries from the contact form 7 plugin will be stored safely even if the form failed to get submitted or any of your emails get lost, deleted or removed by mistake. You needn’t have to worry about losing email and other important entries content, attachments, or any other detail server issues or misconfiguration.
Once the plugin is installed and activated you will find a menu named “CF7 entries” in the left menu bar of the admin menu. Initially, when the plugin is activated, if the parent plugin i.e. the “Contact Form 7” plugin isn’t activated or not currently installed in the site, then the custom admin notice will be shown on top of the page. This notice goes as follows: “Contact form 7 plugin required. CF7 plugin either not installed/activated. To install, you can search plugin from #here”. After installing or activating the “Contact Form 7” Plugin, you will be ready to go.
Basically, there are 3 main panels in the plugin settings page which is individually described in detail as below.
B) Plugin Main Page
This is the landing page for the plugin. When you click the “CF7 Entries”, you will land the page with the title “All Entries”. Here you can see the listing of the all the contact form 7 entries created. A different section of the “All Entries page are described as below.
- Go To Entry Report :This is just the simple link to go directly to the “Entry Report” page. The content of “Entry Report” are described as in next header.
- Export Entries :Export entries work as the overall export of the CSV of all the entries in the page. The content of the CSV is determined by the filter option next to it such as according to date, contact form or read/unread status. If none of the option is selected, all of the entries will be exported.
- Additional Filter Options :Different additional option besides the date (default WordPress post filter option to filter post by date) are described as below.
- Show All Form :This option will also by the form title generated form contact form 7 plugin section.
- All Form Status :This option will sort the entries by form status either read or unread or all by default.
- Entries Action Row :You can enter tooltip title to display in this field.
- View Details :This is the link that take the user to the full detail of the entries with the all the details that was submitted by the user along with few additional detail for the site admin.
- Trash Entries :Trash Entries will allow you to either move the entries into trash or delete permanently according to the option selected from the “General Setting” page
- Export CSV :From here, you can export the individual CSV with all the related details in the post.
- Mark As Unread :From here, you can reset that particular contact form 7 entry status to unread if the current entry is set to “read”, while viewing the single entry detail.
C) View Entry Details Page
In this section, you can see the full detail of the entry. There are various section divided to group the different entry detail part which is described as follows.
- Contact Form Email
First tab section is called “Menu Structure”. Here, You can add menu fields for new menu by clicking on selected pages,posts,categories on left side of page.
- From: :Sender of the mail., This part includes name and email part.
- To :This is the reciever email. This email is as per the one assigned while generating the contact form 7 form.
- Date :Date the mail was sent to the the admin.
- Subject :Subject of the mail for quick preview what the mail was meant.s
- Mail Format
This section contains the basic mail format that was sent to you or intended to sent to the email address as assigned.
- Attachments Entries
Here, you can see all the attachment that was upload through the contact form 7 plugin form. The attachment or attachments are separated to be displayed as individual section for the sake of ease.
If there are multiple attachments, the attachment will be displayed separately with the link to the file. The attachment can be viewed in a new tab which you can save to your device by right click and “save as”.
The files are uploaded into the default WordPress Gallery which can be easily navigated.
- Full Field Entries
From here, you can see the list of all the value from the field from that particular “Contact Form 7 Plugin” form.
- Additional Entry
- IP Address :Here, you can find the public IP address of the user device which was used to sent you the “Contact Form 7” submission.
- User Agent Header :Here, you can find the detail about the browser of that of the user while submitting the form.
- User Agent :Here, you can find the detail about the basic detail of the browser along with other additional details of the user.
- Referred Post :here, you can find the refered post where there “Contact Form 7” form was inserted or the post related to the form.
- Referred CF7 Form :Here, you can find the “Contact Form 7” form which was used for form submission.
D) General Setting Page
From this panel , you can configure the general setting for plugin. Configurable options are listed as below.
- Enable Storage :From here, you can enable or disable the storage of the “Contact Form 7” entries. If is set to enabled at default.
- Disable Attachment Storage :When checked, no attachment will be uploaded.
- Delete Attachment While Deleting Entries :When checked, attachment related with the specific post will also be deleted. Only works while empting trash.
- Temporary Disable Storing For Specific Form :You can set or unset the disabling of the storage of the entries for any specific “COntact Form 7” form.
- Individual CSV File Name :From here, you can set the name of the individual CSV to be downloaded. If left empty default title will be set as “cf7stdb-ind-entry-#current_timestamp”. You can use #current_timestamp for current time value.
- Entry Report Image File Name:From here, you can set the name of the group CSV to be downloaded. If left empty default title will be set as “cf7stdb-group-entries-#current_timestamp”. You can use #current_timestamp for current time value.
- Entry Report Image File Name :From here, you can set the name of the “entry report” file to be downloaded. If left empty default title will be set as “cf7stdb-entry-report”. You can use #current_timestamp for current time value.
- Enable Direct Delete of Entries Post :If checked, trashing the entries will skip trash and permanently delete the Entries
- Disable Storing of the IP Address and Browser Data :If checked, user data such as public IP address and browser detail won’t be stored, for GDPR reason
E)Entry Report Page
From this panel, you will land on “Entry Report” page where you can see the list of number of post submitted through the different “Contact Form 7” forms. Various section of the
- Select Contact Form :From here, you can either select the report for all the ” Contact Form 7 ” Forms or choose any specific.
- Select Year :From here, you can input the the year of which you would like to generate the report.
- Select Month :From here, you can set the specific month, you would like to the report needs to be generated.
- Generate Report :When this button clicked, will filter the various filter values and generate the required report for all the entries that has been stored from the plugin.
- Save Report as Image :From here, when clicked, will generate the image file for the entry report that currently being generated or shown on screen.
Themes Compatible with the Plugin :Contact Form 7 Store TO DB works best with every WordPress theme.
AND IF THIS PLUGIN HAS IMPRESSED YOU, THEN YOU WOULD ENJOY OUR OTHER PROJECTS TOO. DO CHECK THESE OUT :
WPAll Club – A complete WordPress resources club. WordPress tutorials, blogs, curated free and premium themes and plugins, WordPress deals, offers, hosting info and more.
Premium WordPress Themes – 6 premium WordPress themes well suited for all sort of websites. Professional, well coded and highly configurable themes for you.
Premium WordPress Plugins – 45+ premium WordPress plugins of many different types. High user ratings, great quality and best sellers in CodeCanyon marketplace.
AccessPress Themes – AccessPress Themes has 50+ beautiful and elegant, fully responsive, multipurpose themes to meet your need for free and commercial basis.
8Degree Themes – 8Degree Themes offers 15+ free WordPress themes and 16+ premium WordPress themes carefully crafted with creativity.