How to redirect users to a random post in your WordPress site?
Redirecting in WordPress refers to directing your users to new or different pages or posts. Do you want to redirect users to a random post? Random posts allow the user of your site to inspect older blogs, articles etc and also to explore older posts hidden in your blog archives.
In this tutorial above, we will be learning about how to redirect users to a random post in your WordPress site.
Why redirect users to a random post in your WordPress site?
When we talk about redirecting, you may have the question like why is it necessary to redirect posts? By default, your WordPress posts appear in your site reserve chronological order i.e. from newest to the oldest. It can easily cover up your old articles. Your users can cover up with many necessary articles needed. Your website will have many viewers too. It can be useful to your users whereas beneficial to you.
To redirect users to a random post in your WordPress site, you need a plugin that features the following feature. There are hundreds of plugins that provide you with the option. We will be using Redirect URL to Post plugin. Now let us head towards it.
- Log In to your site or Click on Dashboard
- Click on Plugins>>Add New
- Search for the Plugin Redirect URL to Post in your plugin search box
- Once the plugin appears in your site, Click on Install
- Once the plugin is installed, Click on Activate
After activating the plugin, you can see URL query parameters for redirection on the WordPress Plugin page. This plugin doesn’t have any other settings page.
Here, In order to redirect your user to a random post,
- Copy the random post query parameter from here and add it to your error pages and other pages as a link.
- Also, add a button for redirection on your blog
- Simply add [redirect_to_post_button] shortcode in your WordPress posts and pages to display the random post button
You are done redirecting users to a random post in your WordPress site.
It is necessary for you to redirect users to a random post. The tutorial above taught you the way to do it. Understanding its importance, you too might have wanted to add it to your WordPress website too. The random post can get a redirect in your site and your users can get easy access to it. If you have any queries then leave in the comment box below.
Also, Check out:
- 5+ Best WordPress Blog Managers Plugins (Premium Collection)
- How to Integrate Twitter Feeds on WordPress Site?
- 10+ Best Free Events WordPress Themes
- How to Add Facebook Like Button in WordPress?
- How to Create Company Organization Chart in WordPress?