How to Make a Charity Website using WordPress Punte Theme?
Do you want to Make/Create a Charity or Non-Profit Organization website?
There are many groups trying to make a difference in the world. One of the best ways to garner support for a cause is to create a website and spread awareness. Charity websites are particularly seeking those people who are willing to do some charity work for the community. The main objective is to reach out to the crowd, who can be survivors of natural disaster, man-made disaster or any needy person in the society.
Creating a Charity or Non-Profit organization website is proportionally the same as creating any other kind of website.
WordPress is the best platform to create a website. WordPress is easy, simple, responsive and affordable.
In this, tutorial we will learn to Make a Charity website. There are three major steps to follow to create a website. We will briefly know about each and every step later in the article. So, Let’s Start:
- Purchase Suitable Hosting and Install WordPress
- Find Charity/Non-Profit Organization Website Theme
- Suitable Plugin for Charity/Non-Profit Organization Website
Purchase Suitable Hosting and Install WordPress
The first step for the creation of any kind of website is to purchase a domain and choose suitable Hosting. Domain refers to the name that people type to get to your website (Example: accesspressthemes.com, wordpress.org) whereas web hosting is a type of internet hosting service that makes the website accessible via the World Wide Web.
SiteGround provides both the hosting and domain at a very low price ($4 per month). It is usually the topmost preference of most of the users new in this platform.
Get affordable and reliable hosting providers for your website here.
After this, you will need to install WordPress. Follow our tutorial guide on How to Install WordPress? As per the hosting providers you choose, installing WordPress can be a simple 1 Click option.
Find Charity/Non-Profit Organization Website Theme
WordPress Themes refer to a pre-built design that can be installed on any website. There are hundreds of Charity theme in WordPress to choose from. To make it easy for you, we present you the Perfect Charity Theme – Punte Charity
Punte is a great multipurpose WordPress Theme with great functionalities. The Elementor allows you to freely build a website in no time. The theme features with the customization of header and footer option to show creativity and add uniqueness to your site. The complex of the complex website creation is also flexible with Gutenberg compatibility. The theme is retina ready and responsive. Just give this theme a try and you won’t regret!
Here is, why Punte Charity is perfect for creating a charity/non-profit organization website.
Major Features of Punte Charity Theme:
- Customize Everything with Elementor: Customizing your website becomes easier with Elementor using Punte Charity Theme.
- Limitless Fonts, and Color Options: With limitless fonts and colour options, you can design your website as your wish in a modern design.
- Custom Header & Footer: Punte Hotel Theme has a custom header and footer in the theme. You can simply customize the header and footer and you get one in your website.
- Fully compatible with all major page builder plugins( Elementor, WPBakery Page Builder ): The theme is fully compatible with all the responsive plugins to create your website better. These plugins are highly supported by the theme for the smooth functioning.
- Gutenberg Optimized: The Gutenberg optimized Punte Hotel Theme is fast and responsive.
- Responsive & Retina ready: The theme is fully responsive in all the devices and in any format. It is a highly responsive and retina ready theme.
- High-Speed Performance: The theme has High-Speed Performance. You can create a Hotel Theme in no time.
- Free Lifetime Support & Updates: Punte Hotel gives lifetime support to all the users. You can enjoy update and lifetime support for Free.
Punte Charity Homepage
If you closely look at the Home page layout of Punte’s Charity starter site, you’ll find a great list of features that makes your charity website home page/landing page great. Some of them are:
- Clean and Elegant Design – The overall appearance of the theme has a clean and elegant design. All the sections are presented well with beautiful modern designs.
- Perfect header – With logo and clean menus placed right below on full length.
- Full-screen search – Which allows your website visitors to find any content or section of the site with a great search experience.
- High-Quality Image Display – The high-quality image in the website appears clear and pleasing to the viewers.
- Link to Important Pages in Homepage – Has an important page like Donate Today and Get Involve linked. This makes easy for the visitors to get to the mentioned page easily.
- Portfolio – Which displays the name and brief introduction of the member involved in the organization or charity.
- Content Blogs – Let users know about the recent and partly done work by the groups and the performance on the activities.
- Sharing News, Events and Campaigns – The news, events and objective of the charity are briefly mentioned in the homepage the social welfare the organization works for.
- Google Map Integration – This allows visitors to know the location of the organization and each to reach out.
- Contact Form – If the visitors have any queries, then contact form allows them to connect to any of the members of the charity/non-profit organization and grab necessary information.
All in all, the home page of Punte Charity looks perfect to start your new website or give a new look and design to your old one. With this perfect home page layout website of Charity, Non-Profit Organization website can be created. Check out Punte Charity’s homepage design here:
Well, so if you’re excited with charity-specific features of Punte Charity, let’s move ahead. At first, you need to have the theme on your website.
To install the theme on your website, follow our tutorial guide ‘How to Install WordPress Theme?’
The first step after you have installed the Punte theme is to Setup it. For this, Click on Appearance>>Punte Setup.
As Punte is a multipurpose theme, it has numbers of demos. We need to choose Charity Website Demo.
You will land into the page where there’s an instruction of how you can complete creating a website in just 4 steps using Punte theme.
In order to install the demo, first, you need to install the Access Demo Importer Plugin. Click on Step 1 – See Demos.
Choose the option of Install and Activate
After you Install and Activate the Plugin, you will directly be headed to the page Import Demo page. Firstly, Import the Demo.
You will be asked to Install four different plugin to make sure the theme look exactly like the Demo. Here, it depends upon you if you would like these plugins on your website or not. As far as concern, these plugins support for the better functioning of your website and also adds better features, so you should Install.
The plugins are:
Install(I have already installed so it appears activated on the screen) the plugin and click on Next Step.
You will be asked to backup your data if your website was already in use or had contents. Other than that choose Start Importing option, to make your website ready for the preview.
After this, you can view your site.
Now, you can go to Appearance>>Customize and start customizing your Charity Website.
Getting started with the customization option, there appears the general settings and colours options and responsive of the website to customize.
In the general settings, you can enable the BreadCrumb and Back to Top option. BreadCrumbs refers to a specific website navigation technique that provides a trail for the user to follow back to the starting/entry point of a website. Whereas Back to Top option enable users to directly scroll up to the page.
You can customize the layout of your website. In the website layout option, select your website layout to be full width or boxed, then container width and the content/sidebar ratio.
In the sidebar layout option, you can choose the layout or appearance of sidebars in contents, other posts, pages, portfolio post, sidebar page and at the last in the 404 pages (error page). The layouts in each and every section appear as you have selected it to be in the customization option.
In the Header>>Header Style, choose the style of your header as given in the option to choose. Preview all of them and select the one which you think suits your website the most. Here, in the image below, I selected a random one to just show you an example.
After you select your header style, it’s time to customize the heading fonts. Select the Header Background colour or the option of Transparent Header or not. Also, Upload the Logo of your website.
Punte Charity Theme allows you to create and choose the layout of Footer directly from the customization of the site.
You can create and customize the Sidebar of your website directly from the customization option by using Punte Charity.
Simply choose the sidebar layout and it’s ready to display in the site just like the footer.
Enter the Title and the Tag Line of your website. Add the Logo of your website and the icon that appears in your browser.
Here comes the option of Social Links which allows you to put the social link of different social media. Simply, keep the link and it is ready to display on your website.
The blog simply refers to the posts published on your website. You can customize the blog by selecting the blog style. The content of the blog to show Full Content or the Show Expert, the number of words to display and the option of whether to display the name of author, date and category or not.
Like this, you can customize all the options as per your necessity in your website and the way you want to display it. The theme also has Additional CSS that allows you to add additional feature through coding in the website.
With things like customization of the menu, widgets, homepage setting is quite simple and different users want to do it in a different way. It can be done as per the way you want it to be.
Here you are done setting up your WordPress website.
Charity/Non-Profit Organization websites need to be highly responsive. Thankfully Punte Charity is a Gutenberg Ready Theme that supports the smooth and fast functioning of the website.
Suitable Plugin for Charity/Non-Profit Organization Website
Plugins are useful to give additional feature to your website. Choosing the proper plugin properly supports the theme and you can view a beautiful website with no difficulty. Here are some of the plugins suggested to you to make your charity website better than ever.
The plugin allows you to create unlimited responsive forms. In a charity website, there are different forms such as contact us, enquiry, call-to-action required. The Punte Charity already has the pre-built form option on the website. But in order to create beautiful and highly responsive forms in the site, Ultimate Form Builder is highly recommended. Just a single or multi-step and your form is ready to be displayed. It is super easy to use the plugin. Create, customize, add alluring forms, apply existing templates for design in WordPress site in no time.
Inline CTA Builder is the perfect plugin to display call to action layer in your website homepage or any other page in a responsive way. In a charity website, call-to-action section is necessary to make visitors quick action after viewing your website. The plugin supports in creating an impressive cta in the website.
It is a free WordPress plugin that allows you to display your social accounts fans, subscribers and followers number in your website. In a charity website, AccessPress Social Counter plugin can display the number of followers and subscribers on the website and also display the social account fans who promote their welfare work around the world. You can easily select the social media profiles with a beautiful design from the given 5 designs.
The plugin Total Team is used to display the total numbers of the member on the website beautifully with clean and elegant design. Even in the Punte Charity, the theme allows you to showcase the members on the homepage of the site. However, if you use the plugin-specific feature, the visitors can view it with different layouts. The plugin has 7 pre available templates with 50+ templates to show various components in the most attractive and easy way.
To install the plugin on your WordPress website, follow our tutorial guide on ‘How to Install a new WordPress Plugin?’
So, if you are ready to Make a perfect Charity/Non-Profit Organization website using Punte Charity – get the theme below.