6 Fantastic WordPress Hosting Providers
You have a WordPress blog, and you want to take it to the next level, so you are thinking about hosting. You have heard of people who have managed to increase their sales and improve their SEO when they chose specific WordPress hosting options, and you want the same for yourself. There is a wide variety to pick from, making that task overwhelming, but this guide will help you. Before going into the various hosting options, you need to know how to choose a hosting provider.
How to Choose a Hosting Provider
- The uptime – This is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a hosting company. Uptime refers to the amount of time in percentage that the server hosting your website is up and running. The higher the uptime, the better.
- The speed – This is how long it takes the server to load. Sometimes, the speed may be as low as 300ms.
- The customer service – You will ultimately encounter problems with the server or WordPress. You want a hosting provider with a customer care service that can quickly and appropriately respond to your questions and needs.
- Your needs – Whatever hosting company you chose should be able to work well with your business no matter your size or requirements. One thing to consider is the hosting plan that will best meet your needs.
There are five types to pick from. They are:
- Managed WordPress hosting
- Shared WordPress hosting
- WordPress Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
- Free WordPress hosting
- WordPress dedicated Server hosting
Each type has advantages and disadvantages, ranging from the cost to what the hosting provider will offer you. Beware of free options as the company has to make profits somehow. Read the fine print.
Here are 6 great WordPress hosting choices.
This hosting service (one of the largest hosting companies) is popular among small business owners and bloggers using WordPress. They are user-friendly, making it easy for beginners to start off. They are also relatively cheap for those who are starting off, and they have outstanding performance. WordPress even recommends Bluehost. They have great offers and discounts for hosting fees when you start out and offer free SSL and a domain name.
- They have an official recommendation from WordPress.
- They offer free site transfer, a free domain name, and free SSL.
- Setting up is extremely easy for beginners as they have a custom WordPress setup.
- Offer a free staging site.
- They offer great support via phone or live chat.
- Customer service may sometimes be slow.
- You cannot choose to be billed monthly.
- To get the most out of their discount, you may need to pay for a three-year hosting plan.
If what you are looking for in a hosting company is speed, security, and stability, this is a great company to consider. SiteGround comes highly recommended by the WordPress community and has grown considerably since it was launched in 2004. One great thing about it is that you can change your data center locations between several continents. This means that if the majority of your traffic is from Europe, you can switch to that data center location.
- They have one of the best customer service support with friendly personnel and quick response times.
- They have multiple data centers to pick from, for example, in Asia, Australia, Europe, and the USA.
- They offer free site migration.
- They have fast speed, good uptime, and free SSL.
- They have a 30-day cash back guarantee.
- They don’t offer a free domain, and their starting prices may be costlier than for other hosting providers.
- They don’t waive off the fee for registering your domain name.
- They offer Geeky WordPress features, but you may have to pay more for it.
This is another excellent web hosting service that boasts of hosting over a million websites and that has customers in over 100 countries. It is a PCI compliant web hosting provider meaning your customers are assured that their credit card information is safe from fraud. Setting up your website is effortless, and they will preinstall your hosting account with WordPress. You have various plans to pick from, all of which include a free SSL certificate, a free domain name as well as a free website firewall.
- They have a 97-day money-back guarantee.
- They have hosted millions of websites, which is great for experience.
- Their hosting company is owned and operated independently.
- WordPress installation is effortless and is just one click away.
- WordPress officially recommends it.
- The hosting control panel isn’t very modern.
- They have relatively low uptime.
- They have live chat customer support, but it isn’t available 24/7.
- You have to pay extra to get phone-based customer support.
This hosting service is based in Austin, Texas. They offer exceptionally managed WordPress hosting solutions and are therefore used by several impressive customers like Asana, National Geographic, Yelp, and MyFitnessPal. They have partnered with Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services to give you excellent cloud computing services. With WP Engine, you get high speed, availability, scalability, and security 24/7. This company is great if you have a high traffic website.
- It is one of the best-managed WordPress hosting companies out there.
- They have round the clock chat support, and they have top-notch support for enterprise-level plans.
- You can be able to execute new ideas efficiently without meeting too many complications.
- They take care of security for you, leaving you to focus on other aspects of your website.
- They give you high-performance solutions to the problems you encounter with your website.
- You get a staging tool you can use to test plugins and new features before launching them.
- You may not experience the same level of support if you are not on an enterprise plan.
- For small businesses or bloggers that are just starting out, their plans may be too expensive.
- You may not be allowed to install all plugins from WordPress onto WP Engine. They do this to optimize the speed of the websites.
- They don’t have an unmanaged website hosting option for those who want it.
This is yet another WordPress hosting provider that boasts of having millions of domain names from around the globe. If you are looking for shared hosting space, you will be pleasantly surprised by their affordable starter plans. You can try out their hosting service risk-free as they offer a 45-day money-back guarantee. They provide free AdWords and Bing + Yahoo credits with all their hosting plans.
- They have great round the clock customer service. You can contact their customer service through live chat, email, or on the phone.
- They offer a risk-free 45-day money-back guarantee.
- You get cool beginner tools with your hosting plan to set up your website, including unlimited email addresses and a free website builder.
- Installing WordPress is only a click of a button away.
- They are fast and reliable.
- Their introductory prices are cheap.
- They offer free site migration.
- They don’t offer a free domain name with any of their hosting plans.
- Beginners may find the onboarding experience to be overwhelming as it’s not as user friendly for beginners as the other hosting services.
- You will not get SSD storage for shared hosting.
- They have high renewal fees.
One of the marketing strategies for this hosting service is that they are a green energy web hosting company. This is great for all those people who are in support of sustainability in businesses. GreenGeeks promise reliability, security, and performance to their customers while still committing to preserving the environment. Their SSD based hosting is super-fast, and they have excellent customer support all day, all year round.
- You get SSD storage assuring you of super-fast web performance.
- 300% green WordPress hosting as they put back into the grid three times the energy they consume as renewable energy.
- You get free domain transfer or a free domain name.
- Try their hosting risk-free as they have a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- You get free SSL.
- You can get a monthly plan.
- Their renewal costs are relatively high.
- You may find their hosting fees to be slightly expensive as they only offer SSD storage.
- Their uptime is relatively low.
- You may have to pay a one-time setup fee if you opt for the monthly plan.
If what you want is a website, it may be time to look into web hosting services. Let’s say you already have great content by leveraging services you order essay, research, and analysis papers, blog posts, case studies, etc. from, and now you want to monetize your website so that you can earn from it. Do your research and pick a web hosting company. To start out, try the ones with money-back guarantees as you can try them out for a set time and choose the one that best suits your needs.
Besides the factors found at the beginning of this article for picking a website, here is one more trick. Look at the websites your friends or businesses you look up to are using to host their website. You can ask them why they chose this company over the rest. This information will be invaluably useful in deciding.