How to Exclude a Category from WordPress Homepage?
First of all let us know what is category? Categories are the pages that are used to divide contents as per the subject. A Category page will only display the posts in the categories that are designed. A Website which publish the content on variety of topic can divide the website into sections using categories.
Categories help a viewer or a reader to identify the specific idea of the article, blogs, posts, tutorial and so on. It’s really hard for WordPress Beginners to identify the category. Through which they can have basic idea about “What it is really”? Sometimes the site owner wants to completely exclude category. It’s really easy to do so.
Importance of Excluding a Category:
- Reduces unwanted post from the homepage.
- Makes the site look more appealing.
- Increases the SEO of the website.
- Loads the page more faster after excluding the unnecessary things.
There are two methods of Excluding a Category.
- Exclude a Category from WordPress Homepage using Plugin.
- Exclude a Category from WordPress Homepage using Code.
Since, the viewers watching this tutorial are mostly the WordPress Beginners. They don’t have coding knowledge. Among this two methods using Plugin is the easiest way. We will start with the easy one.
Exclude a Category Using Plugin
- First of all the User need to Login to the Dashboard of the site.
- On the left bar of the page Click on the button Plugins and then on Add Plugin.
- Then search for the plugin Ultimate Category Excluder. User can also go through the tutorial “How to Install new WordPress Plugin in WordPress Site”? For the further more guides and information.
- After getting the Plugin searched. User need to Click on the button Install Now and then on the button Activate to use the plugin for a certain purpose.
- Click on the button Settings on the Left bar of the page. Among the various options Choose Category Excluder.
- Users can now see the List of Category. Choose the Category to Exclude from Front Page. User can also exclude it from Feeds, Archive and Search. Finally Click on the button Update to Save the changes made in the site.
- Now, while visiting to the site. Users can see that the selected categories are excluded from the site.
In this Tutorial WordPress Beginners are taught to Exclude a Category from WordPress Homepage using Ultimate Category Excluder. This tutorial provides easy guide, with helps of which user can exclude categories within few steps. To make the site more appealing and effective it’s really important to do so. Excluding a Category makes site removes all the unwanted categories from the site.
Hope the information was useful. Leave the recommendations below. Please feel free to share.
You can also check out similar step by step tutorial of: