How to Disable RSS Feeds in WordPress?
Firstly, lets know ‘What is RSS Feeds?’Really Simple Syndication(RSS) are the simple text files that with the basic updated information and stream of updates. It is presented to the users using software. This feeds allow subscribers to see content within very short time after it’s updates.
Why to Disable RSS Feeds?
Despite having lots and lots of advantages the beginners find hard to use it. When building up a small small websites, users generally want to turn off the RSS Feed. There is no possible way to remove it completely from the site. So, in this article the WordPress Beginners will be taught to disable the RSS Feeds.
It influences modern internet tools with online current news and informations. Readers generally update them automatically to receive the latest content available.
Disable RSS Feeds using a Plugin
- First of all Login to the Dashboard of the site. Click on the button Plugins at the left bar of the page. Then Click on button Add New.
- Search for the Plugin Disable Feeds. After getting the plugin Install and Activate. For the further more guidance to Install a plugin go through the tutorial Install New Plugin to WordPress Site.
- The plugin perform work out of the box. It will redirect the user to website only on the request.
- Click on the Button Settings and then on Reading to allow the function of the plugin. This is the few settings that is available for the plugin.
- Tick on the side of Discourage search engines from indexing this site. Lastly, Click on the button Save Changes to save the changes made.
- After the use of this plugin the users will be redirected only on request. Users can even choose to show a valid reason for not displaying. User can choose any of the reason among the three, which they find suitable.
In this tutorial, the WordPress Beginners are taught to Disable the RSS Feed which is not quite important to them. The users don’t need to have any kind of coding knowledge. This can be done easy with the help of a plugin. Hope the information was useful to you. Please leave the recommendation below. Feel free to share.