How to Disable the Screen Options Button in WordPress?
First of all let us know ‘What is Screen Options Button?’ It is a fly down menu button located in the WordPress Admin Area. This button shows a particular page when clicked on the button. It contains checkboxes to show as well as hide different parts of the admin side. In this tutorial the WordPress Beginners will learn to Disable the Screen Options Button in the WordPress.
Benefits of Disabling Screen Options Button in WordPress:
- Makes the site less distracting.
- Change the format of the site making it cleaner and more easier to use.
- Keeps the site more secure as it disable to take wrong decision at a time.
- Allows logged in user to show and hide items on various sections.
Disabling the Screen Options Button using a Plugin
- Firstly, Login to the Dashboard of the site. Click on the button Plugins at the left bar of the page. After the Plugins, Click on the button Add New.
- Now Search for the Adminimize Plugin. After seeing the Plugin to be Installed. Click on the button Install Now. After Installing the Plugin Click on the button Activate to use it. To get more information Click here: Install a New Plugin to the WordPress Site.
- Click on the Button Settings at the left bar of the site and then on Adminimize.
- The users will land on a MiniMenu. Click on the button Global Options.
- Lastly User can see Screen Options. Tick on the Button Deactivate for Editor, Author, Contributo, Subscriber. Now the Administrator can only use the feature.
- Finally Click on the Update button to save the settings.
- User can visit to any Admin area, they can see that Screen Options Button is now Disabled.
The Plugin Adminimize Used in this tutorial is an amazing WordPress Plugin for hiding unnecessary items. Disabling the Screen Options Button helps to make the site more systematic, professional and secured. This Tutorial supervises step by step to all the WordPress Beginner. Hope the information was useful. Please leave the recommendations below. Feel free to share and ask the questions.
You can also check out the collection of:
- Greet Each User With a Custom Welcome Message in WordPress
- Exclude a Category from WordPress Homepage