Top 10 Best WordPress Plugins Every Affiliate Marketer Needs
Are you in the search of Best WordPress Plugins for Affiliate Marketers?
Affiliate marketing is a brilliant way to make money even in your sleep.
But this business requires a ton of selling skills like:
Customer relationship is essential for affiliate marketers. The loss of a customer equals the forfeiture of any potential future commissions. For instance, if you operate an online store, allowing customers to track their orders puts them at ease.
3wishes.com is an excellent example. They operate a lingerie store with a dedicated page for order tracking by clients.
Asides from great customer relationships, it helps to arm yourself with online marketing courses before designing your website.
Once you’ve designed a WordPress website and inserted a web copy that sounds as you speak, the next step is to install plugins.
But you don’t want every Tom, Dick, and Harry plugins out there. You want the Best WordPress Plugins used by expert affiliate marketers.
Before delving into the plugins, let’s examine the general properties that make these plugins suitable for your affiliate business.
How to Select the Best WordPress Affiliate Plugin
WordPress has a market share of almost 40% in the website industry. This is due to its ease of use and its ability to bring free traffic to your website.
Aside from the ease of using its drag and drop features, many developers create numerous WordPress plugins that aid affiliate marketers. With over 50,000 WordPress plugins, drilling down to find the Best WordPress Plugins for your beautiful website might be a hassle.
Generally, you should use plugins that answer YES to the following questions.
- Can I easily add my affiliate links to blog posts?
- Since I promote several products, can I save my affiliate links with this WordPress plugin?
- Can I customize my ugly affiliate links to something that is visually-appealing, like www.example.com/go/affiliatewebsite?
- Does this plugin protect my links from those who want to steal my affiliate commissions?
- Will this plugin track the clicks and results from my affiliate programs?
- Is the plugin’s impact on website speed manageable?
As an affiliate marketer, I use the plugins below and I can assert that they are the Best WordPress Plugins that answer YES to the above questions.
10 Best WordPress Plugins for Affiliate Marketers
This WordPress plugin serves as a link management tool for your affiliate programs. It is the most highly-rated and efficient affiliate marketing plugin. Hence, it’s no surprise that ThirstyAffiliates is first on this list.
You can use this plugin for:
- Saving your affiliate links
- Inserting links into your blog posts
- Cloaking links
- Auto-insert affiliate links in your content
- Track the performance of each link in your affiliate marketing program
- Categorizing links
This plugin has a premium version that sells for the following prices.
- $99 for a single website license
- $149 for five websites
- $199 for ten websites
How to Use the ThirstyAffiliates WordPress Plugin
The first step is to download, install and activate the plugin. You can do this by opening your WordPress dashboard.
- Click Plugins
- Click Add New
- Search for ThirstyAffiliates
After installing the plugin, the next step is to adjust the plugin settings and cloak your affiliate links.
Usually, affiliate links look unattractive like this – https://example.com/j.pfn?n=1912729&u=500123&m=40012&urllink=&afftrack=.
Many of your web visitors could confuse these links as spam links and may never revisit your website. The ThirstyAffiliates WordPress Plugin prevents this by cloaking or changing the link appearance.
You can use this plugin by:
- Clicking ThirstyAffiliates on the left side of your WordPress dashboard
- Next, click New Affiliate Link
Assuming you wish to recommend a B2B Portal to your audience, your title could be B2B Portal. This has to be something easy to remember.
Your destination URL is the unpleasant affiliate link you want to give some sparkle. After pasting the destination URL, click Save Link. The result will be something like this- www.example.com/go/b2b-portal.
2. Pretty Links
Pretty Links is another excellent plugin that works like ThirstyAffiliates.
This trusted plugin is installed in over 300,000 WordPress websites. Like ThirstyAffiliates, Pretty Links allows link cloaking in your domain and assigning the Nofollow attribute to your affiliate links.
This link management tool also helps with 301, 302, and 307 link redirects. A link redirect occurs when web pages are within multiple URLs.
For instance, this is a shortened bit.ly link – https://bit.ly/30Om6eU
When you click the link, it directs and opens an Austin detox website. That’s link cloaking. Pretty Links cloaks your affiliate links to prevent theft from malicious individuals who replace their affiliate links with yours. This leads to the loss of affiliate commissions.
It’s worth reading the ThirstyAffiliates vs. Pretty Links review to get a complete sense of both plugins’ functionalities. However, my pick is ThirstyAffiliates. I’ve used it and it does everything I need.
Content creation and distribution are vital skills of successful affiliate marketers. You’ll need to generate blog post topics, write helpful content and monitor your free and paid traffic channels.
But traffic has its sources like Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. As an affiliate marketer, knowing your largest traffic channel helps you double your marketing efforts on that channel. If you optimize your blog posts and keep gaining traction from Google, it helps to double your efforts at attracting free Google traffic.
MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics plugin that helps WordPress users to track web traffic data. With this tool, you can know the content your audience resonates with, the countries your traffic comes from, and other vital behavioural data.
Over 3 million websites use MonsterInsights to monitor their traffic and generate data that drive their marketing efforts. This plugin is also great for link tracking. You can use it to automatically monitor your affiliate link click, banner ads, and other outbound links.
However, OptinMonster can’t operate on its own. You have a massive role in giving an excellent first impression to your customers. And the first place they will look is your website. There are many attractive websites to inspire your design. Ensure your design is clean. Use great colors and welcoming fonts.
With a clean website, you can easily create a lead magnet that attracts your audience to subscribe to your email list. However, you don’t want your lead magnet just in the footer like this website that sells different types of empty capsules.
You need to display your lead magnet on your homepage, exit popups (provided by OptinMonster), and within your blog posts. You can also have dedicated landing pages on your website for promoting your lead magnet.
A stunning web design and a lead magnet that attracts many subscribers make lead generation seamless by Optinmonster. Aside from the exit-intent popup like the picture below from the Optinmonster website, this conversion optimization tool has extra benefits.
- OptinMonster convert visitors who are about to abandon your website into subscribers
- You can use this plugin to create personalized pop-ups based on user behaviour
- OptinMonster easily integrates with email marketing services
- You can use it to add affiliate links to forms in your sidebar, floating bars, etc.
AffiliateWP is the Best WordPress Plugin for managing websites that sell products.
You need this plugin if you want to create your affiliate program. This means you can allow visitors to sign up to become your affiliates and approve those you like. Having others promote your products is an excellent way to build your revenue.
The plugin is easy to use and it integrates with many excellent tools like:
- Zippy Courses
AffiliateWP also helps to increase your reach and build a loyal fanbase. Since people promote your product, they will link to your website. These backlinks are vital signals to search engines.
This plugin also reduces your monthly expenses because you won’t need to pay monthly fees for many tools. It has many features that ease the job of starting and managing your affiliate network right in your WordPress dashboard.
Here’s more of what this WordPress Plugin can do:
- It allows you to manually or automatically approve affiliate applications
- It doesn’t take a toll on your website speed
- Has lots of templates to make your work easy
- You can set a timeline for the expiration of your affiliates referral tracking cookie
- One-click import and export of your affiliates referrals and settings with a CSV file
- And, of course, a responsive customer support
AdSanity is the Best WordPress Plugin for managing ads. Let’s assume one of your affiliate merchants is doing a promo for 48 hours. With AdSanity’s publishing options, you can schedule that promotion to run for only 48 hours on your website.
AdSanity also gives you the convenience of placing ads wherever you want on your website. You can place ads on the footer, sidebar, header, and even within your blog posts. You can also use this plugin for monetizing your website with Google AdSense to get a side income. But these aren’t the best part because AdSanity has more incredible features.
- AdSanity shows graphical stats of each ad in their different positions. For instance, if you place ads in your website’s header and footer, you will see the ads with the most clicks and know where to concentrate your efforts. Also, you can get custom reports within a defined timeframe for selected ads
- AdSanity is a super-lightweight plugin. Many of its features are available as add-ons. This means you only use what you need and maintain a rocket website speed
- Lastly, this plugin is beginner-friendly. You won’t have to battle with codes. And if you need help, you can count on their 24/7 available support.
- Contact forms: Having a contact form is vital because it shows your business isn’t faceless. People like to patronize business owners they know.
- Survey forms: If you have set up OptinMonster and your email list begins to grow, you need to ask your audience what they want. Don’t guess the kind of content your audience wants to see. Ask questions with surveys.
- Registration forms: There are many benefits of using registration forms. For one, they prevent spammers from scraping your website email and loading your email with a ton of garbage.
- Payment forms: This one is straightforward. You are in this business to make money. And WPForms can create the forms that rain in the moolah!
- Newsletter forms: Having a newsletter form helps you identify those who want to receive your emails.
WPForms is also great because it has over 100 templates. This makes building forms fun. You only need to change the colors of your preferred template to match your brand colors.
And if you are working on a form that requires something extra, you still have 99 templates to inspire your design.
Who doesn’t love a giveaway?
Free stuff grabs attention and people like sharing sources of giveaways with their friends.
RafflePress is the best WordPress plugin for gaining attention with giveaways. Viral giveaways are rewarding because they help build buzz around your brand and grow your email list. They also increase your social media followers and website traffic.
Here’s a perfect example of how giveaways can grow your brand, website traffic, and social media followers – Addjoi.
Addjoi is a brand that sells plant-based concentrates. In 2020, they hosted a giveaway.
The result has been phenomenal and the traffic data from Ubersuggest show it.
You can do successful giveaway campaigns and get similar results with RafflePress. This plugin integrates seamlessly with email marketing services like Constant Contact, MailChimp, Drip, AWeber and GetResponse.
It is also responsive, mobile-friendly, and lightweight to guarantee the optimum speed of your website.
9. WP RSS Aggregator
WP RSS Aggregator is an excellent WordPress RSS plugin. This plugin takes off the stress of creating content daily.
Content marketing is a tedious job that requires research, writing, SEO content optimization, and content promotion. All of these come together to improve the online visibility of what you write. You might not have the time for all these. This is where WP RSS Aggregator comes in. It helps you scour the web for helpful blog posts from other affiliate networks and inserts them into your affiliate website.
This RSS plugin doesn’t just grab helpful content. It allows you to insert your affiliate links in the posts. This ensures you keep getting commissions.
WP RSS Aggregator is free to use and easy to set up. However, it has premium add-ons for boosting the display and performance of posts.
Personalfinanceblogs.com is an example of a website that uses this plugin. The site owner attributes its traffic to WP RSS Aggregator since they do not create content.
10. All in One SEO
Your affiliate website will do better when you optimize it for search engines. All in One SEO is the best SEO plugin for this task.
This plugin takes sitemap to a new level by having a video sitemap generator. This will help you rank organically in search engines. And because more people are leaning towards video rather than written content, you’ll get better results now by milking the video sitemap feature.
All in One SEO also helps you find critical errors affecting your website. If errors persist on your affiliate website, they will hurt your rankings and your content will remain buried beyond page 2 of Google search results. You can prevent this by doing regular SEO audits with this plugin.
This plugin is also lightweight and has a manageable impact on your website speed. It integrates perfectly with several digital marketing tools like:
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and more)
- Google Search Console
- Google AMP
These are the top 10 Best WordPress Plugins every affiliate marketer needs.
Many of these plugins go beyond their job of just being affiliate plugins. They assume the role of marketing tools once you utilize their features properly. Now that you have all the plugins you need, the next step is using them to get massive returns.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post. You might want to share it, leave a comment and check out our related resources.
Burkhard Berger is the founder of awesomex™. You can follow him on his journey from 0 to 100,000 monthly visitors on www.awesomex.com. His articles include some of the best growth hacking strategies and digital scaling tactics that he has learned from his own successes and failures.