Best Drag and Drop WordPress Website Builders
Do you want to get the best Drag and Drop WordPress website builders?
Trying to find an easy way to customize your existing website? Looking for an affordable way to build a new website without having to hire a Manchester developer to handle your website design? Whatever your particular case may be, a drag and drop WordPress page builder is the perfect solution.
WordPress is a free, open-source platform for website creation and content management systems. It’s easy to use and offers endless options, making it one of the most popular website and blog creation and management software platforms in the world. In fact, it’s estimated that approximately 40 percent of all websites on the internet are powered by WordPress; in other words, of all the billions of websites, one in four is built, managed, and maintained via WordPress. The platform offers several features that can be used to build websites, and one of the most popular options is their Drag and Drop page builder. By default, WordPress comes packed with its own drag and drop solution known as Gutenberg. However, there are many other options users can explore through plugins and themes – this blog will be focusing on these website builders.
What Is a WordPress Drag and Drop Page Builder?
A page builder is a plug-in tool that allows you to build a new or customize an existing website without having to input any code. The platform features several ready-made content blocks, widgets, and modules, and you can sort through the different options and literally just drag and drop them into place. With just a few clicks of your mouse, you can create a customized, one-of-a-kind website. You don’t need to have any programming knowledge, which makes it easy for even the least technologically savvy person to build a website. It also means a tremendous amount of savings, as you won’t need to hire a website developer (which can cost a pretty penny). With a WordPress Drag and Drop page builder plugin, you can build the entire website yourself, and the process is simple and hassle-free.
How to Choose a WordPress Drag and Drop Page Builder
While there’s no denying that a Drag and Drop page builder is a simple and affordable way to build a website, there’s just one problem: there are so many plug-ins to choose from that trying to figure out which site builder to use can seem like a daunting task. To help you narrow down the options, here’s a look at a few key factors to keep in mind when you’re browsing:
- Compatibility: If you’re happy with your WordPress theme and you don’t want to change it, you’ll want to find a Plug and Play page builder that will work with your existing theme. If the page builder isn’t compatible with your theme, you could end up with theme breaks and the overall design can end up looking strange. Most of the page builders that we included on our list are compatible with most WordPress themes, but if there’s a problem, will revert to the original WordPress editor.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): In order to increase the visibility of your website and get it noticed by your targeted audience, search engine optimization (SEO) is an absolute must. Keep that in mind while you’re looking through the Plug and Play page builder plug-ins. Combined with an SEO plugin, optimizing your content will be a breeze.
- Mobile responsiveness: A smartphone can be used to access all types of information, including the World Wide Web. In fact, according to some studies, more than 60 percent of adults use their smartphones to access the internet. As such, you definitely want your website to feature a mobile-friendly design. With a mobile responsive Drag and Drop page builder plug-in, your website will automatically adjust to fit and work with whatever screen visitors are viewing it on.
- Easy customization: The best Drag and Drop page builders make it possible to design and customize your website in real-time. Look for feature-rich options that include things like templates, content elements, and styling options.
To summarize, the best WordPress Drag and Drop page builders are simple to use, SEO-friendly, mobile-responsive, and offer features that you can use to customize the layout and design in real-time.
The Best WordPress Drag and Drop Page Builders
There’s no denying that the Drag and Drop page builder plug-in feature is just one of the many reasons why WordPress is so popular and one of the best website creation and content management platforms. As mentioned, however, there are so many different plug-ins to choose from that trying to narrow down the options and figure out which one to choose can seem like a very daunting task.
To make the process less overwhelming for you, we have gone through the endless plug-ins, and keeping the above-mentioned factors (compatibility, SEO-friendly, and mobile responsiveness) in mind, we have narrowed down the options to what we believe are the best WordPress Drag and Drop page builders. So, without further ado, let’s dive in and take a look at our top picks.
To start our list of the best Drag and Drop page builders on WordPress is Beaver Builder. It is, by far, one of the most user-friendly plugins on the platform, and it’s extremely easy to navigate. It features an inbuilt onboarding tour that explains how the plugin works, too, which explains, in detail, how you can make the most of the page builder.
To further add to the appeal, there are a variety of professionally designed templates to get you started on the right foot, which is quite useful, like a thoughtfully designed, easy to use, and visually appealing landing page is essential for conversions. Beaver Builder is a premium plugin that works at lightning-fast speed and even boasts a live drag and drop interface, so as soon as you make the change, you will instantly see how it will look on your website right away. Simply click on an element from the sidebar, drag it over onto the page, and drop it. If you’d like to edit the properties of a specific element, you can do that, too. Some of the elements that you can add to your page include:
And so much more! There’s a module for pretty much anything you can think of, so no matter what feature you want to add to your page, you’ll be able to do it with Beaver Builder.
- Real-time drag and drop frontend editor
- More than 30 editable landing page templates
- Dozens of content templates can be used to create every page on your websites, such as the about, contact, services, and even blog pages
- Lots of modules that can be dragged onto your pages, like sliders, galleries, buttons, and customer testimonials
- Contact forms can be added using WordPress shortcodes and widgets
- You can try all the features before you buy.
Next on our list of the best Drag and Drop WordPress page builders is SeedProd. It’s a real-time visual editor that really simplifies the process of creating a landing page, making it possible to develop a high-end, high-converting landing page on your own. This Drag and Drop page builder features a large selection of landing page templates to choose from, so you can create a professional-looking homepage, newsletter, sales page, sign-up page – pretty much any page you could possibly want. SeedProd also features a pre-made maintenance mode, login page, coming soon page, and even 404 pages, which you can customize to your own taste and turn on and off with the click of a mouse.
SeedProd makes the process of growing leads and conversions a breeze, as it integrates with the vast majority of email marketing services. It hooks up with Google Analytics and Zapier, too, so keeping tabs on your marketing will be a cinch. As if all of these elements weren’t enough, with SeedProd, you don’t have to worry about the plugin slowing down your site. With its streamlined design and minimal code, you won’t have to worry about the annoying lags and nuisance unresponsiveness that can happen with other page builders.
- Offers live previews on desktop and mobile devices
- Completely customizable templates that you can easily edit without having to worry about adding any coding to the backend of your website
- Pre-made templates for content blocks and page sections, such as giveaways, opt-in forms, and login forms
- Simple navigation layout, color schemes, and font combinations
- Access controls allow you to decide who can and can’t see particular pages on your site
- Integrates with most email services, as well as Google Analytics, and Zapier
- Mobile responsive
Visual Composer is another one of the most widely used WordPress Drag and Drop page builder plugins. It’s a total website builder, and it’s easy enough for even the most novice DIY developer to use. Professional website designers, such as Blue Whale Media can also benefit from Visual Composer, as they can use it to customize websites they’ve built. One of the features that users like most about Visual Composer are the expansive free cloud marketplace that boasts countless content elements, examples of which include:
- Text block
- Single image
- Separator with icon
- Outline message box
- FAQ toggle
And much more! Another notable feature that Visual Composer offers is the variety of medial elements it supports, like YouTube, Vimeo, image gallery, and even pro features, like a phone mockup and an image gallery with zoom. Other content elements include buttons, post grids, e-commerce, advanced, and WordPress widgets. Thanks to all of these content elements, you can develop customized, one-of-a-kind, and truly dynamic content for your website. Plus, you can intuitively edit all of the elements. Of course, there are dozens of unique templates, theme builders, and row layouts, too.
- With intuitive design options, you can have total control of the design of your site
- No coding is needed to change elements, such as backgrounds, color schemes, and more
- Offers an array of one-of-a-kind, truly customized content options
- Compatible with custom posts
- Comes complete with dozens of high-quality, professionally designed templates
- Flexible row and grid templates can be used to perfectly position your content
- Compatible with WooCommerce
Elementor is yet another popular, easy-to-use Drag and Drop WordPress page builder plugin. Because it’s a live page builder, you can see the changes you make in life, as you make them. Create sections and choose the number of columns for each section to get started. Then, you can select widgets from the left sidebar and drag and drop them into each section. Elementor offers more than 300 website features, including the most commonly used elements. Examples include basic images, text widgets, sliders, testimonials, social media, icons, and tabs, so you can build totally unique, interactive, and easy-to-use pages for your website. And, every widget comes complete with its very own settings. You can add other WordPress plugin widgets, too.
Elementor offers several ready-to-use templates. Just browse through the options, select the one you like, and insert it onto your website pages. You can edit any of the items, too; just click on it, replace the content, and you’re ready to go! Easy to use, offering a lot of modules and templates, and features a large ecosystem of extensions, it’s easy to see why Elementor is so widely used.
- Offers more than 300 different elements
- Mobile optimization
- Built-in maintenance modules, such as coming soon and under construction pages
- More than 100 professionally designed landing page templates
- Thanks to the revision history feature, you can easily go back and undo changes, which makes fixing mistakes a breeze
The Drag and Drop page builders are our favorite plugins on WordPress; however, there are so many other great options available, too, and we don’t want you to overlook them. Other excellent Drag and Drop page builder WordPress plugins you might want to consider include:
- Brizy Website Builder
- Thrive Architect
- Themify Builder
- Site Origin Page Builder
- Divi by Elegant Themes
- GoDaddy Site Builder
Each one of these plugins is extremely easy to use, offers a variety of features, and will allow you to create a truly unique website design customized to meet your unique needs and the needs of your targeted audience.