How to Add Scalable Vector Graphics in WordPress?
What is SVG? SVG is an XML-based vector image which is used in the website to display icons. It is also used to show logos on the website. They are mainly popular among all the developers due to its scalable image format. Generally, WordPress doesn’t allow to upload it in the sites due to the security concerns. Adding SVG makes the site more appealing, systematic and good looking.
Why add SVG in WordPress Site?
SVG opens up the vulnerabilities through which the normal image format doesn’t get affected. It includes bomb nested entities and XSS Attacks. The code is utilized properly by it in the WordPress site. It enables to enlarge the graphics without degrading the image quality. It saves the images of small or even too small size without any error.
Add SVG in WordPress Site
- Login to the Dashboard of the Site. Click on the Plugins>>Add New Options at the left bar of the page.
- Search for the plugins SVG Support. Install and Activate the Plugin. For the more guide look at the tutorial to Install a Plugin.
- Then Click on the Button Settings. Among the various options Click on the button SVG Support.
- Click on the box next to ‘Restrict to Administrators’. This option allows only the site administrator to upload the SVG files. Don’t forget to Click on the Button Save Changes to save the made Settings.
- A user can create a new post or edit the existing one. Upload the image in Post Editor. Simply add the image block to the editor than upload the SVG file.
- Now all of the users will be able to embed all the SVG files in WordPress.
SVG allows keeping the smallest size as an image with the amazing picture quality in the site. This will make the site look more appealing, professional and systematic. All the WordPress Beginners can learn to add SVG within some few simple steps. The plugin suggested to use in this Tutorial is free as well as effective.
Hope the information was useful. Please leave the recommendations below. Feel free to share.