How to Add Popup Banners in your WordPress Website?
Do you want to Add Popup Banners in your WordPress Website?
Popup Banners are the banner that appears suddenly in the foreground of the visual interface. Popup Banners are called this because they pop up on the pages, interrupting users with a promotional message. It is used for offering discounts and for promoting new good or services. It can also be used for opt-in forms.
As per the stats by Sitepoint, popups increase the CRO of a website by 300%. Popup Banners can be used to display information and marketing purposes. It allows CTA(call-to-action) and let visitors perform various actions.
In this tutorial, we will learn to Add Popup Banners in your WordPress Website. For this, we introduce you to the ultimate popup plugin for WordPress – WP Popup Banners Pro.
WP Popup Banners Pro
It is the ultimate WordPress plugin to engage your site visitors with popup banners. It would allow you to enhance your WordPress website’s usability. The plugin can be used to subscribe to your site’s visitors, power your product display, interact with visitors via the contact form and update your visitors with new discount offers and other info.
Major Features of WP Popup Banners Pro:
- 40 Elegant Templates Layout
- Unlimited Number of Popup Banners in the Site
- PageWise Configurable Popup Banners
- Configurable for Mobile Screen Version
- Drag and Drop Custom Theme Builder
- Internal/External Marketing Mail Integration
- Popup Display and Actions Mode
- Responsive Control to Show/Hide Popup
Have simple yet beautiful, useful and smart looking popup on your website!
Let’s Add Popup Banners in your WordPress Website!
Step 1: Installation of WP Popup Banners Pro
In order to install the plugin in your site, follow our tutorial guide on ‘How to Install New WordPress Plugin?’
Activate the plugin, after you finish installing it.
Step 2: Popup List
After the activation, you can see the WP Popup Banners Pro on WordPress admin sidebar menu. When you click on it, popup list is the landing page.
In this page, you can view the list of popup banners that are created in your site. In the page, you can see Add New Popup buttons at the top of the popup listing table. You can also preview, edit or delete the popup from here.
Step 3: Add New Popup
As you click on Add New Popup button, you are directed to the page where you can create a new popup.
You can configure all the popup layout design. Generate the popup either with the default theme or custom layout drag and drop builder. You can change and rebuild your own design of popup banners layout with specific custom layout selected manipulating various options in builder page.
There are various settings you can configure for each field:
- Popup Name – The set name of the popup.
- Popup Theme Type – Set either default or custom popup.
- Default Theme Setting – Setting tab when the default theme is selected.
- Basic Layout Setting – Basic Layout Setting include size, position, background-colour for custom theme design setting and default theme.
- Border Setting – Border, border type, border colour and other.
- Miscellaneous Setting – Miscellaneous close button, auto close enable/disable, disable, window scrolling and other.
- Animation Setting – Animation settings for main parent popup.
- Overlay Setting – Animation settings for main parent popup.
- Form Setting – Form settings for what kind of action on form submission either subscription, inline form or an opt-in subscription.
- Email Setting – Custom receiver email, admin alert setting for popup submission action.
Step 3: Contact Form Log
In this section, you can see all the custom form and inbuild form details send by the user from frontend popup contact form with form submitted date, details, and the popup from which the form was submitted. You can either view details or delete the log from here.
Step 4: Subscription Form Log
From this panel, you can view all the subscription form and inbuild form details send by the user from frontend popup subscription form with form submitted date, details, and from which popup the form was submitted. You can either view details or delete the log from here. You can also export the popup subscription details from here in the form of CSV.
Step 5: Popup Setting
In this panel, you can configure the setting for the popup.
In a general setting tab, you can configure the basic setting for a popup.
- Enable/disable Popup – Either enable or disable the popup.
- Enable/disable Popup For mobile – Either enable or disable the popup for mobile.
On Action Setting
On Action Setting is the tab where you can configure popup to be implemented in the site for a popup.
- Page Load – Either enable/disable popup banners when the page load.
- User Scroll – Either enable or disable the popup for when the user scrolls to a certain section in the page.
- User Idle Condition – Either enable or disable the popup if the user is idle for certain seconds.
- On User Hover On Browser Exit – Either enable or disable the popup for a user who tries to exit the site.
In the Mail Setting, you can configure popup to be implemented in the site for a popup.
- Mail Username – Mail username to be used while sending mail.
- Sent From Email – Send from mail name to be used in the mail.
- Admin Email – Admin email to send the email to alert.
External Subscription Setting
In the External Subscription Option Setting, you can configure the basic setting for popup for an external subscription. You can configure MailChimp to be integrated into the site.
Miscellaneous settings tab consist of the basic setting for a popup.
- Cookie Expiry Date – Set default value for cookie expire period.
- Disable Fontawesome – Disable font awesome if the site or installed plugin already has it implemented in order to avoid conflicts.
- Disable animate.css file – Disable animate.css if the site or installed plugin already has it implemented in order to avoid conflicts.
Step 6: Pages/Posts Wise Setting
The plugin has a feature to select the popup banners bar in your site in your page, posts. It is showed on the right/bottom section of edit page or posts. You can choose any notification bar or choose default on action popup from the page /posts /custom posts page to display the particular popup banners in specific page from the back-end.
All Default popup bar is set up from submenu “WP Popup Banner Pagewise Configuration”. If you choose to default on edit page here then, the page will display popup banner which is selected as default on “Popup Settings” submenu page. You can even disable popup on any position such as select disable options on this different popup action.
In this way, you can add a Popup Banners in your WordPress website by using a beautiful responsive plugin WP Popup Banners Pro.