How to Add Featured Image in WordPress?
Images can easily grab the attention of the readers. In short, the image describes the whole purpose of writing an article, post, tutorial and so on. Featured Images are also generally called Post Thumbnails. It is one of the most appealing features that make every published thing more informative, attractive and professional. It describes the customizability of the representational image.
Why Add Featured Image?
There is a much important reason to Add Featured Image in the Site. Some of them are described below:
- Creates an amazing visual presence of the site.
- Makes the particular published article more effective.
- Attract viewers to click on and read more.
- It gets seen the most and in its absence, the particular Article looks incomplete.
- Increases the SEO result in a better way.
Add Featured Image in WordPress
- Firstly the User needs to Login to the Dashboard of the site. Click on the button Posts>>Add New or Blog>>Add New as per your daily schedules.
- Write the Title as well as the content of the article.
- Now Prepare a Featured Image which is relevant to the Article Title as well as content. Consider the Size of the image as the requirement in the site.
- After Preparing the Image Click on the button Set featured image.
- Click on the option Upload Files and then Click on the button Select files to select the Featured Image for the Content.
- Now, type the name of the file in a Filename. After getting the file Click on the button Open.
- Properly name the Title, Caption, Alt Text and Description of the image. Finally, Click on the button Set featured image.
- Users can see the featured image as shown in the screenshot below.
Adding Featured Image makes the site more effective as well as increase the SEO of the article. This tutorial guides all the WordPress Beginners to add it to their new article without any difficulty. Hope the information was useful. Please leave the recommendations below. Feel free to share.